Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate – Job Description
Retail Store Manager
The Retail Sales Associate, under the direction of the Retail Store Manager, is primarily responsible for greeting customers and providing guidance on where they may find items within the store. The Retail Sales Associate will generate sales, advise customers on the use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services. This role will participate in merchandising and promotional activities, and must maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Greet customers and provide guidance on where they may find items within the store.
- Generate sales.
- Advise customers on the use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Estimate and quote prices.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental, or lease.
- Assist with setting up merchandise displays.
- Operate computerized inventory recordkeeping and re-ordering systems.
- Work in partnership with store managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of high school and college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Motivated and creative team player.
- Experience in retail sales preferred.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with electrical, plumbing, and lumber sales an asset.
- Ability to attend meetings and presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience.
Lake Scugog Lumber offers competitive salary and benefit packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org